Learn My Way: Online Basics and Online Plus
We have a wide range of courses available, but most people start with the Free Online Basics course from Learn My Way. The course gives people the confidence and skills needed to start enjoying all the fantastic things the internet has to offer.
There are five short modules to get you started.
- Starting with a keyboard – learn the functions of different keys and practicing typing.
- Starting with a mouse – simple step-by-step instructions to learn how to use a computer mouse.
- Using email – learn how to send and receive emails, how to use an address book and how store emails in folders.
- Using the internet safely – learn practical techniques to help you stay safe online.
- Using online searches – learn how to search the internet, find websites and bookmark them so you can go back to them quickly.
In addition to the Basics course, there is an Online Plus course which offers further short modules such as how to complete online forms, applying for jobs and shopping online, and staying safe online.
We are able to offer each new person three free tutorials, and we then ask for a suggested donation of £10 per session. We also offer more advanced help or help with your own laptop, but this will incur a charge.
We also run public access points and outreach sessions at various other centres around the City.
To book or find out more about any of our courses and other support, call our information line – 01223 300407
See our Useful Links page for links to other websites providing online learning and guides to using a computer and accessing the internet.